Become a volunteer for firmm Spain
- firmm location in Tarifa (Southern Spain), Strait of Gibraltar
- Every year from late March/early April to late October/early November for at least 8 weeks (ideally 3 months)
- Tourist support, information about our foundation and the whale/dolphins in the Strait of Gibraltar
What are the volunteers' duties?
- You will be in charge of international tourist groups before and during the boat trips.
- You will give short lectures in several languages.
- You will help in the office with information for tourists as well as with administrative/practical work.
- You will take over the cleaning duties in the firmm offices alternately with other volunteers.
Note: The working time depends on the season and the wind and is 6 days per week with 6-8 hours per day (between 36-48 hours per week). Weather-dependent changes in the program require great flexibility from all our employees.
Are there any requirements to become a firmm volunteer?
- Minimum age: 24 years
- Completed professional training
- At least 3 languages, of which German and English fluently, Spanish and/or French well, and possibly Italian
- Particular liking of dolphins and whales and interest in the underwater world
- Enthusiasm, ability to work in a team
- Flexibility with regard to area of placement and working hours
- Assertiveness and joy in dealing with People
- Joy of sharing information with adults and children
- Practical experience on the water and/or experience in dealing with tourists are of advantage
What will I get in return?
In return for your support, we offer you:
- Free accommodation during the stay in our volunteer apartment
- Interesting insights into the world of marine mammals and into environmental issues.
How can I apply to become a volunteer at firmm?
Does that sound interesting to you? Then send us your application with your CV and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.If you still have questions, you can also contact us by e-mail.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.