Become a volunteer for firmm Spain
- firmm location in Tarifa (Southern Spain), Strait of Gibraltar
- Every year from late March/early April to late October/early November for at least 8 weeks (ideally 3 months)
- Tourist support, information about our foundation and the whale/dolphins in the Strait of Gibraltar
What are the volunteers' duties?
- You will be in charge of international tourist groups before and during the boat trips.
- You will give short lectures in several languages.
- You will help in the office with information for tourists as well as with administrative/practical work.
- You will take over the cleaning duties in the firmm offices alternately with other volunteers.
- You will distribute flyers in restaurants, hotels and tourist offices in the surrounding area.
Note: The working time depends on the season and the wind and is 6 days per week with 6-8 hours per day (between 36-48 hours per week). Weather-dependent changes in the program require great flexibility from all our employees.
Are there any requirements to become a firmm volunteer?
- Minimum age: 24 years
- Completed professional training
- At least 3 languages, of which German and English fluently, Spanish and/or French well, and possibly Italian
- Particular liking of dolphins and whales and interest in the underwater world
- Enthusiasm, ability to work in a team
- Flexibility with regard to area of placement and working hours
- Assertiveness and joy in dealing with People
- Joy of sharing information with adults and children
- Practical experience on the water and/or experience in dealing with tourists are of advantage
What will I get in return?
In return for your support, we offer you:
- Free accommodation during the stay in our volunteer apartment
- Free participation in the lectures and alternative programs in Tarifa and surroundings (rocky coast, sand dunes, etc.), which we carry out for the guests of the observation weeks in case of bad weather
- Interesting insights into the work of our foundation, into the world of marine mammals and into environmental issues.
How can I apply to become a volunteer at firmm?
Does that sound interesting to you? Then send us your application with your CV and photo to email@example.com.If you still have questions, you can also contact us by e-mail.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.